Friday, November 23, 2012

Premonition

i went through my documents folder on my computer today to clean things up--you know how messy those folders can get. As i scrolled through, i found a file called "things i want or need.doc." Maximus recently asked me for a Christmas list, something i dread making, and i thought, hey, a Christmas list! i opened it and wow, what did i find...

i don't remember making this list, but it was from two and a half years ago, right after i got divorced. i think it was a premonition...

because it's Maximus.

Things I want or need
 and am not going to sacrifice

  • Bring me soup when I’m sick
  • Always tell me goodnight when I’m at work
  • Flowers or something that shows they were thinking of me
  • Clean up after themselves and even me sometimes
  • Hold my hand
  • Be my biggest fan
  • Like their family, including their parents and siblings
  • No secrets, don’t lock their computer or hide their texts
  • I am not raising their children. They need to be grown up
  • Excellent credit, clean background check
  • Communicate for conflict resolution. No verbal hostage holding
  • Hold me if I cry
  • Play cards, watch movies, run, cycle, do things together

There's nothing on that list that is not Him. Well, i've not been sick, but i know He would bring me soup if i ever were...He is doting and makes sure i'm well taken care of all the time.

Perhaps i was carrying this list in my heart...or perhaps He was carrying it for me in His.


No comments:

Post a Comment